none
conhost.exe high cpu usage RRS feed

• Question

• So hi i am a gmod server developer and i use a exe named gdsm it basically helps me run my server and it uses mostly around %50 when there are a lot of players online
    anyways so im running my server and i check my cpu usage and stuff and i see %100 cpu with about %50 gdsm and %50 conhost.exe and i think it is a virus but don't know how to fix it can anyone help me?
    Windows Server 2019 Standart Evaluation
    Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:15 PM

All replies

• First of all, install all available Windows Updates via an in-built Windows Update service.

1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    2. Select Update & Security and click Check for Updates.
    3. Wait for the system to perform a scan and then install all the available updates.
    4. After that, navigate to the official Windows Update history site and install the latest Windows 10 build, not older than 15019.

Check for driver issues
    1. Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Go through the list of devices and check if any of them are marked with a yellow exclamation mark.
    3. If you found a malfunctioning device driver, right-click on it, and select Update Driver Software.
    4. Reboot the system.

Try Clean Boot
    Conhost.exe process may start sucking up CPU resources due to some collision of third-party software. To check that, try a Clean Boot. If Clean Boot recpnstuct CPU usage back to normal, enable third-party apps one-by-on to isolate the one causing the problem. We would recommend either reinstalling or removing it completely.

1. Click Windows key and type msconfig.
    2. Click System Configuration and open Services tab.
    3. Mark Hide all Microsoft services box and select Disable all.
    4. Open Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
    5. Click on each startup item and select Disable.
    6. Close Task Manager and click OK on the System Configuration window.
    7. Reboot the system.
    Thursday, August 27, 2020 2:05 PM