Error 17066 when perform branching action RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

When I perform branching, TFS throws error: 
    TFS246017: TFS could not connect to the database ....

I also check Event Viewer and see error as bellow:

EventID: 
    SQL Server Assertion: File: <pageref.cpp>, line=955 Failed Assertion = 'IS_OFF (BUF_MINLOGGED, m_buf->bstat) || pageModifyType != PageModifyType_Contents || GetPagePtr ()->IsTextPage ()'. This error may be timing-related. If the error persists after rerunning the statement, use DBCC CHECKDB to check the database for structural integrity, or restart the server to ensure in-memory data structures are not corrupted.

I have apply SP1 (KB3182545) for my SQL but has not resolved the problem. This is my current version for tfs and sql:

tfs: 2018 rc2

sql express 2016 ( default installation when install TFS)

Please let me know if there is any problems.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hi hoanvd1210,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please try to switch to the Full recovery model.

This blog describe the same error like yours, please have a look at it:

http://bartwullems.blogspot.sg/2017/04/tf246017-team-foundation-server-could.html

Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hoanvd1210 Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:42 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi hoanvd1210,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please try to switch to the Full recovery model.

This blog describe the same error like yours, please have a look at it:

http://bartwullems.blogspot.sg/2017/04/tf246017-team-foundation-server-could.html

Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hoanvd1210 Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:42 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:43 AM
  • Thank Chen, I did use lower version of TFS (2017) and different version of SQL 2016 (use enterprise one). Now I can perform branching and other functions properly.

I will consider your suggest approach if I face the issue again. Thank for you support.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:42 AM