none
V8 Clustering Module: tall narrow map hidden clusters in bottom half RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question about why clusters are not showing in the bottom half of the map when I work on tall narrow maps. For example 1000px high, 500px wide the clusters are hidden in the lower half of the map.

Here is a screenshot from the V8 Interactive SDK, the same set of pushpins are displayed as a ClusterLayer and then as a normal layer.  You'll notice there are no clusters visible in the lower half of the map but there are pins down there.

If you pan down the map, the hidden portion of the cluster layer begins to appear 'north' of about the mid point of the map.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:42 PM

Answers

• Are you using the experimental branch? An fix for a similar bug was added to the experimental branch a week or two ago.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:46 PM
  • Well, there is a big conference coming up in a couple of weeks (Microsoft Build conference May 10-12), so the main release branch likely won't be updated until the week after that. 

I'm considering removing the recommendation about the experimental branch as it is actually fine for production as issues are fixed a lot faster. It really depends on your type of application. A big company app might not want to use experimental in production, but many other apps would be fine to do so.

Saturday, April 29, 2017 4:11 AM

All replies

• Are you using the experimental branch? An fix for a similar bug was added to the experimental branch a week or two ago.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:46 PM
  • I am not using it, but I just tested it on on dev and I'm happy to report my issue is fixed in the experimental branch!   Any estimation of how soon will it be merged, since its not recommended to use in production? 
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:55 PM
  • Well, there is a big conference coming up in a couple of weeks (Microsoft Build conference May 10-12), so the main release branch likely won't be updated until the week after that. 

I'm considering removing the recommendation about the experimental branch as it is actually fine for production as issues are fixed a lot faster. It really depends on your type of application. A big company app might not want to use experimental in production, but many other apps would be fine to do so.

Saturday, April 29, 2017 4:11 AM