Greyed out table options for table linked to powerpivot model RRS feed

• Question

• In the past when I want to extract my data from the data model as a table, instead of a pivottable, I use a query like this "evaluate calculatetable( summarize( vehicle,vehicle[VRM],..... " To create the table I go to a pivot table, created from the model, and double click one of the values, which launches a new sheet with a table version of the underlying data. I would then right click and go down to "Table" and then click edit query to replace the default query with my one above. This has always worked for numerous models, but a new one i created today this option is greyed out? 

The other way i think to do this is go to data /existing connections, tables , chose model and open and should be able to chose "table", but again this is greyed out

I tried turning off all the addins, rebooting and reenabling. I also have just tried on another computer with a completely new workbook and a single table. All the same. 

Anyone got any clues how to unlock this?

appreciate any advice

Mike

Monday, August 13, 2018 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your question.

>>>I tried turning off all the addins, rebooting and reenabling. I also have just tried on another computer with a completely new workbook and a single table. All the same.
    Excel Power Pivot data model does not support calculated table, you can only create measures and calculated columns in Power Pivot data model.

>>>Anyone got any clues how to unlock this?
    Based on my search, we can not unlock this currently. But you might try some other ways to achieve this, eg, create SSAS Tabular mode with compatibility level 1200 or higher, or you can try to use power query to achieve this.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:39 AM