Unable to Install application remotely RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently adding support for Windows 10 in my MDM solution. Installing an application remotely is essential for my MDM solution and  I need to install apps on both phones and desktops. Had a look at the Configuration service provider reference and I found two CSP's, EnterpriseAppManagement CSP and EnterpriseModernAppManagement CSP

In the EnterpriseModernAppManagement CSP, I need to install Store Apps and hosted apps. For Store Apps, I was able to create a node using Add (with the PFN) but when I execute the StoreInstall command, I get error code 500 for the same. The Store App I tried was VLC from the public store. For hosted installation, I'm not sure about the server implementation. Need some pointers for Server code in .NET

In EnterpriseAppManagement CSP, I'm not sure about EnterpriseID. Is it mandatory to get a Symantec code signing certificate even for Windows 10?

For both the issues, the documentation is not very clear.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thursday, February 2, 2017 10:24 AM

All replies

• Documentation is not clear about it, but I think, you can only install Apps from Store for business and it is necessary to be logged in Azure AD account.

You can still install app from packages.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:28 PM