When I deploy windows store app, I want a file to be placed at ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder. How to?

Question

• When I deploy windows store app, I want a file to be placed at ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder so that I can read that file from ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder.

How to do it?

The problem actually is that I place my file at ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder, I know where this file is located in my computer. Then I read from this location in my app. But when I upload this to windows store, the app cannot find the file at: ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder. Please please please help me with this!!!

Thursday, October 09, 2014 4:56 AM

Answers

• During installation you cant do. cant you during the start up of your application?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, October 09, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Hi Rehan,

To explain more for Dave's answer, we cannot put the file into ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder while deploy the app, system is controlling the file, we cannot decide which file put into which folder, but we can put the required document into that folder once we start our app programmatically.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, October 20, 2014 2:42 AM

All replies

• During installation you cant do. cant you during the start up of your application?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, October 09, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Hi Rehan,

To explain more for Dave's answer, we cannot put the file into ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder while deploy the app, system is controlling the file, we cannot decide which file put into which folder, but we can put the required document into that folder once we start our app programmatically.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, October 20, 2014 2:42 AM