can't see version of Multiple Line of text in Custom List Form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have Multiple line of text column in my sharepoint list that “Append Changes

to Existing Text “ set to “yes”.

Then I have Custom List Form for EditForm of list. Now in Custom EditForm I

can’t see version of Multiple Line of Text. Why this happen and how I can solve

this problem?

thanks.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:46 AM

Answers

• Hi, Open the   Custom EditForm in the Share Point Designer and find the Below Lines in the Custom Edit Form

<SharePoint:FormField>

<SharePoint:FieldDescription> Exact after these linse just add the below line and specify the fieldname property as your name of the field. 

<SharePoint:AppendOnlyHistory fieldname="Multi" ControlMode="Edit" runat="server"/>

Anil
    • Marked as answer by Ameneh.Maleki Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:10 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

in your custom editform.aspx page did you change the column which is Append enabled ?

make sure not to change the column containing Append option.

Please let us know your environment.

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:09 AM
  • Hi Pratik,

No I didn’t change it.
    K

Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:23 PM
  • Hi go through the link below , as you need to read the value as versions of comments from the field in your custom field.

http://www.mtelligent.com/journal/2007/10/17/the-insanity-of-getting-versions-of-a-multilinetext-box-set-.html

Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:13 PM
  • Hi luckstar,

How did you create your Custom List Form ? Did you use Designer to insert the Custom List Form in a new custom aspx page ?

I use the Designer to create a aspx page EditFormA.aspx,

Then insert Custom List Form (list with "Append Changes to Existing..." column ), 

Then Attache Master Page to this custom page,

Then attach this custom page to the list.

When I edit the list item in IE browser, I can see the "Append Changes to Existing..." column with history.

You can re-create the custom page and check again.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 30, 2011 10:50 AM
  • Thanks Anil,

I use to create Custom List in Sharepoint Designer,how I can write these functions(mentioned in your link)in Custom list in Sharepoint Designer?!!!

Thanks Daniel,

I use to Sharepoint Designer 2007 to Create Custom List.For create CustomEditForm.aspx In SHD :

In list folder->Right Click on EditForm.aspx>New From Existing Page>in PlaceHolderMain in WebPartPages:ListFormWebPart>click on Default To Master’s Content >click on Create Custom Content>then insert  Sharepoint Controls>Custom List Form>Select my desire list and Edit Form then click ok.

I use to this procedure to create Custom List Form but I didn’t see version of Multiple Line of Text. I also try your method, it didn’t work too for me. Only I see version of Multiple Line of Text in own EditForm of list.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:20 AM
  • Hi, Open the   Custom EditForm in the Share Point Designer and find the Below Lines in the Custom Edit Form

<SharePoint:FormField>

<SharePoint:FieldDescription> Exact after these linse just add the below line and specify the fieldname property as your name of the field. 

<SharePoint:AppendOnlyHistory fieldname="Multi" ControlMode="Edit" runat="server"/>

Anil
    • Marked as answer by Ameneh.Maleki Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:10 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 12:13 PM
  • Thanks alot Anil,

That’s work. J

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:09 PM