none
Kinect V2 detected in device manager but not in any example programs such as kinect studio RRS feed

• Question

• I just got my kinect v2 today. Could not have been more excited to play with it!! Unfortunately I can't for the life of me get it to work. I really appreciate if those with a V2 could offer your input. THANKS!

I have a lenovo w520 and windows 8.1 and have installed KinectSDK-v2.0-PublicPreview1407-Setup.exe.

I have my kinect v2 plugged into the USB 3.0 port on my computer. The kinect's power brick has the white led glowing.

When I plug it in, the device manager recognizes it as both "KinectSensor Device" with "WDF KinectSensor Interface 0" underneath that.

And in "Audio inputs and outputs" there is also "Microphone Array (Xbox NUI Sensor" Still, when I load up the example binaries included in the SDK they all say "Kinect not availible!"

Following the troubleshooting guide, "KinectService" should be running as a windows service after you install the SDK. It is not. The only service I see is "KinectMonitor." Additionally, none of these things are happening either:

"The the three red LEDs on the Kinect sensor should be lit."

"The Kinect sensor should appear in Device Manager as the following nodes under Kinect for Windows: Kinect for Windows Audio Array Control, Kinect for Windows Camera, and Kinect for Windows Security Control. The Kinect sensor's microphone array will appear under Sound, video and game controllers in Device Manager as: Kinect for Windows USB Audio."

Friday, July 18, 2014 1:33 AM

All replies