none
[Windows 8.1]Windows store app (Windows 8.1) - Multiple app in kiosk mode

Question

• Hi,

I need to launch a Chrome browser from a Windows store app (Windows 8.1) when Windows store app is running in Kiosk Mode.

How can i achieve it? Or is there any customized tool to handle it ?

Please provide any solution for this?

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The only way I could come up with is to use multi-app kiosk which runs one or more apps from the desktop. People using the kiosk see a customized Start that shows only the tiles for the apps like (your app and Chrome) that are allowed. With this approach, you can configure a locked-down experience for different account types. 

But I'm not sure if this could be done in windows 8.1, because its in windows 10. You could refer this here:Configure kiosks and digital signs on Windows desktop editions about how to do it and try it in windows 8.1.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:07 AM
  • Hi Roy,

First of all thank you for your effort :)

Let me have a look into it and get back to you further.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:49 PM
  • Hi,

How was the problem?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 7:01 AM