IE10 Metro without plugins - what about Silverlight?

Question

• IE10 Metro (touch) version will not support plugins. So Flash will not be supported. But what about Microsoft's own Silverlight??
    Friday, September 16, 2011 7:38 AM

All replies

• They say it's all 64 bit, unlike desktop IE. Therefore SL is out of luck... I say ON PURPOSE by saboteurs, creepy html freaks and uglies.

I seriously lost my job because of stupid Microsoft sucking up to the hype.

Microsoft, you reading this??? Bring back SILVERLIGHT!!!!! Or die.

Cause I'm all fresh with nothing to lose now except to join Rough-Men-To-Kill-Microsoft Club.

Friday, September 16, 2011 7:56 AM
  • It doesn't seem so.  Battery life and security seem to be the main drivers for limiting this in the Metro browser.

I suppose one of the options is to repackage your Silverlight Apps (if they are self contained apps rather than just bits of a larger webpage/site) as a Metro Tile App in it's own right and publish it that way.  Not the ideal solution in all circumstances but Apple seem to have set the precedent here and kind of got away with it so far.

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:20 AM
  • You lost your job because your only skills are Silverlight? Sorry, but then maybe you deserved to loose your job. A good programmer doesn't care too much about the language. He/she is flexible and able to learn another language/tool. After all, it's about your thinking skills.

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:25 AM
  • You lost your job because your only skills are Silverlight? Sorry, but then maybe you deserved to loose your job. A good programmer doesn't care too much about the language. He/she is flexible and able to learn another language/tool. After all, it's about your thinking skills.

I don't need idiotic comment from someone who does not care what set of instruments he's using to do the job.

People fly airplanes by not learning to cook or chop wood.

Friday, September 16, 2011 7:08 PM