Add Video/Audio Effect

Question

• Hi, 

After study the video audio effect related topic and check Media Plugins Sample app.

I have some questions below:

1. I found there are three new effect related  methods in MediaElement: AddVideoEffect(), AddAudioEffect(), RemoveAllEffect().

Would MediaPlayer support the same method? 

2. There is only one  video effect under Windows.Media.VideoEffects.  

Will it support more video effect in the future?

And how about audio related effect, will you create new namespace like Windows.Media.AudioEffects for audio?

3. After studying Media foundation, I am curious the actual topology after I call AddVideoEffect() or use MediaExtensionManager to add a custom decoder. Could you help to describe more detail about it?

Thanks.

Friday, November 18, 2011 10:13 AM

All replies

• For question #1 and #2, if you do not see a feature you are interested in that is exposed in the Developer preview, please file a connect bug asking the feature be added. Providing a usage case scenario would also be extremely useful. Let me know if you have any trouble doing this and I will create one on your behalf.

Regarding #3, I'll see if I can locate some more details. Is there any area in particular you were interested in?

Thanks,

-David

Bug filing instruction template:

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:18 AM
  • Hi David,

I am interesting in multimedia related topic and try to study what feature can I do base on Win8 media platform.

Because on Win8 developer preview slider on BUILD[775T, 776T and 783T], it discuss more custom plug-ins methods.

So, I am try to understand the AddEffect mechanism and relationship with Media foundation.

The general scenario is a custom playback app that I can apply one or two special video/audio effect.

Therefore, I want to know whether I need to choice MediaElement or MediaPlayer first.

And whether I can look forward more rich standard effects or I need to prepare those effect by myself.

Monday, November 21, 2011 3:14 AM