"Unable to build an app package because the app manifest is invalid. Correct the errors in the app manifest"

Question

• I'm getting this error when I click Project > Create App Packages ...

The solution Builds without issue (Release).  I don't see any issues in the manifest.  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

VS2013 Pro, 12.0.31101.00 Update 4.

Thursday, February 05, 2015 9:13 PM

Answers

• Thanks Herro.

After a full uninstall and reinstall of Visual Studio, it started working again. "Repair" didn't do the trick.  Not sure what the root cause was, but issue is resolved.

• Marked as answer by Sir Scrump Monday, February 09, 2015 2:32 PM
    Monday, February 09, 2015 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Scrump,

Have you tried creating a new blank windows store app project and then creating app package? Does it work? This can help us to determine if this problem is caused by visual studio. If it can work, I think there is something incorrect in the manifest file in your project. Here is a page shows how to troubleshootds,l have questions, please post more information about your scenario.

ntials in client app and then transmitte those crede packaging, have a look at the following link. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh973484(v=vs.85).aspx. Try finding more information about this scenario and post them here.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 06, 2015 8:12 AM
  • Thanks Herro.

After a full uninstall and reinstall of Visual Studio, it started working again. "Repair" didn't do the trick.  Not sure what the root cause was, but issue is resolved.

• Marked as answer by Sir Scrump Monday, February 09, 2015 2:32 PM
    Monday, February 09, 2015 2:31 PM