none
IE7 Protected Mode causes problems with MSDN RRS feed

• Question

•  

I recently upgraded to Vista and IE7 with Protected Mode.  What a frustrating experience.  First, I found out it was blocking Microsoft's FTM application from launching when downloading files from MSDN.  Then, I discovered, after adding the MSDN site and the download site to trusted sites, that it affects logging into MSDN.  Because of the conveluted way MSDN login security performs, when you browse to MSDN initially it opens a new IE7 window.  Great, you think, now you have a browser with PM turned off.  Well, not so fast.  When you try to login to your account or to the subscriber download section, MSN live's logon page is displayed, then tries to redirect back to the original browser winodw, which unfortunately has PM turned off!!!  OMFG, what a crazy, stupid set of code.  I mean honestly, why redirect back to the default window?!?  Why not redirect to a new tab in the present window?!?  It shouldn't be that difficult.
    Saturday, March 8, 2008 8:00 PM

All replies

• Sorry for the huge delay.  Are you still experienceing this problem?  If you are I can get your feedback to some of our platform folks!

Thanks!
    Kerby K [MSDN]
    Friday, October 31, 2008 3:42 AM