none
Some "protocol Examples" section in place of the exhausive list of protocol handling by Windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I don't understand the essence of the section "protocol Examples" in the protocol specifications.

By example: in the case of http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc208244.aspx# , I would expect to see here not only a single example of a specific usage (NetrLogonSamLogon with Secure Channel) but the exhaustive list using sequence diagrams of Windows usages of these procotols for each User Cases performed by Windows "role" (Member, DC, ...).

According to me, It is not an example, it is a spec and all others ‘use cases’ are also missing.

The title is “NetrLogonSamLogon with Secure Channel” but in which case and what’s about the others cases:

o   1.3.1 Pass-Through Authentication

1.3.1 Pass-Through Authentication

o   1.3.2 Pass-Through Authentication and Domain Trusts

Can you please file an enhancement request internally for this ?

Regards,

Olivier Hault

Level IT

Thursday, May 8, 2008 9:07 AM

Answers

•  

Good morning Olivier!

Protocol specifications do not have an exhausive list of examples. We have provided an illustrative example for pass-through authentication as it requires secure channel and can be used by other protocols. We have in Section 3 specified the two differenct flow of operations for Netlogon methods. For the sake of clarity, we will be revising Section 4 to reference those sections; this will be posted in a future version of the MS-NRPC document.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Regards,
    Bill Wesse

Thursday, June 19, 2008 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Olivier, Thanks for your input on the [MS-NRPC] protocol specification. We’ll take a look at the example section and make whatever adjustments are appropriate.

Will Gregg – MSFT

Friday, May 9, 2008 12:59 AM
  • Hi Will,

Can you please keep me posted?

Olivier

Friday, May 9, 2008 10:15 AM
  • Good morning Mr, Hault. My name is Bill Wesse from the Protocols Support Team. I have just taken ownership of your case / question from my colleague, Will Gregg.

At this time, we do have a bug filed against the [MS-NRPC] document, as a request to document the other role / use cases (under sections 1.3.1-1.3.2). I anticipate up to 14 business days (worst case) before a determination on the extent of the additional document data is made. I will certainly keep you informed as results develop.

In the meantime, if you wish to contact me directly, you may do so via email to billwe@microsoft.com.

Regards,

Bill Wesse

MCSE / Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
    8055 Microsoft Way
    Charlotte, NC 28273
    TEL: 980-776-8200
    FAX: 704-665-9606

Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:58 PM
  •  

Good morning Olivier!

Protocol specifications do not have an exhausive list of examples. We have provided an illustrative example for pass-through authentication as it requires secure channel and can be used by other protocols. We have in Section 3 specified the two differenct flow of operations for Netlogon methods. For the sake of clarity, we will be revising Section 4 to reference those sections; this will be posted in a future version of the MS-NRPC document.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Regards,
    Bill Wesse

Thursday, June 19, 2008 12:31 PM