locked
How to find windows AppCertKit Direct3D Error

    Question

  • Hi

    I have written a simple Windows App Store application. It is based on VS2013 default template for StoreApps. The UI is only simple textboxes and buttons.

    Running the AppCertKit before uploading the App,,, I have a failure. The error message is:

    Error Found: The Direct3D feature level support test detected the following errors:
       Application App was not running at the end of the test. It likely crashed or was terminated for having become unresponsive.

    I have no idea what is going on here. Can anybody help me?

    //Regards


    lg

    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:34 AM

Answers

  • It sounds like there's something wrong with that original app. Just transport your code to the new app and forget about it.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:20 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • It's difficult to say without seeing the app.  Are you using any third-party controls/APIs?

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:00 PM
    Moderator
  • No,, I am only using my own stuff.

    1) I started to remove part of my App,, bit by bit,,, until only a "blank" GUI was left. Still same problems.

    2) The created a new application from scratch,, using the same vs2013 template as I used for my App. Running AppCertKit on that gave a OK result.

    3) Then back to my orginal App. Built it for Debug, and then tried AppCertKit. Other failures.

    4) Went to sleep *smile*

    I am starting to think that my environment are unstable ???  but 2)  speaks against that,, or??

    This is my first try to write a App,, and I am not a programmer by occupation,, so it is very possible that I have done something wrong. 

    At the moment I am out of ideas what to do.

    //regards


    lg

    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:16 AM
  • It sounds like there's something wrong with that original app. Just transport your code to the new app and forget about it.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:20 PM
    Moderator
  • Was afraid you would say so,,, *smile*,,, I will give it a try and let you know.

    /regards


    lg

    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:25 PM