What are the terms and conditions of using Personal Web Starter Kit ? RRS feed

• Question

• User-74517680 posted

I am working on personal Web starter kit for creating a personal webiste and i would like to know what are the terms and conditions of using Personal Web starter kit ?

Do i have to mention on the website something like " Powered by personal Starter kit" or something like that ?

Can i write Copyright by name of the person for whom i am creating the website ?

Please guide me if i am missing something important ....

Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:26 PM

Answers

• User-425031296 posted

I am working on personal Web starter kit for creating a personal webiste and i would like to know what are the terms and conditions of using Personal Wb starter kit ?

Some guys use it to learn ASP.NET and others may use it as their own personal site after few editions. But as a consensus, no one can use it for business.

Do i have to mention on the website something like " Powered by personal Starter kit" or something like that ?

If I were you, I will add such a note at the end of each page as a footer and I will also add them to the About page.

Can i write Copyright by name of the person for whom i am creating the website ?

I am not quite sure about this point as I thought more people will leave logo/link of their site instead of their name to the start kit.

Also, I suggest you can add a lience file into your start kit and notify those one who will use your start kit what should be observed and what will not case copyright problem.

Ixtli

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:27 AM

All replies

• User-925286913 posted

Have a look at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/cc533486.aspx 

Friday, March 12, 2010 12:14 AM
  • User-74517680 posted

actually i read that already but it is net very clear that anyone can use Personal Web starter kit as personal webiste or not, can anyone write copyright by (person name )

It is importang to write something like "Powered by personal web starter kit - microsoft" or something like that ?

I will really appreciate it anyone can guide me / answer my questions....

Friday, March 12, 2010 12:37 PM
  • User-425031296 posted

I am working on personal Web starter kit for creating a personal webiste and i would like to know what are the terms and conditions of using Personal Wb starter kit ?

Some guys use it to learn ASP.NET and others may use it as their own personal site after few editions. But as a consensus, no one can use it for business.

If I were you, I will add such a note at the end of each page as a footer and I will also add them to the About page.

I am not quite sure about this point as I thought more people will leave logo/link of their site instead of their name to the start kit.

Also, I suggest you can add a lience file into your start kit and notify those one who will use your start kit what should be observed and what will not case copyright problem.

Ixtli

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:27 AM
  • User-74517680 posted

Thanks a lot for your reply, i will keep these things in mind

Overall I think i got the point..

Thank You Very Much for your help....

Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:55 AM