How automatizing some tasks in my as.net application RRS feed

• Question

• User986610096 posted

Bonjour, hello,

My asp.net application must send automatically once a day an e-mail to many recipents.
    Now, i use a control button to do this every day.
    Is there any technics wich allow to create a service in my web application to complete this task?

I thook about web service but we can't include a web service into as.net application. A web service is a seperate application.

Thanks for your help

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:41 AM

Answers

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

I thook about web service but we can't include a web service into as.net application

Of course you can. Simply create the web app and add a new web service (.asmx) or wcf service (.svc).

You could also have a page that can be requested by an external tool like windows task scheduler, pingdom, ...

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:53 AM
  • User1315112726 posted

You can go with Windows Service to does this job or if you use SQL database, you can trigger mail at the end of day.

Otherwise some external scheduler tools...

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:44 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

I thook about web service but we can't include a web service into as.net application

Of course you can. Simply create the web app and add a new web service (.asmx) or wcf service (.svc).

You could also have a page that can be requested by an external tool like windows task scheduler, pingdom, ...

Grz, Kris.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:53 AM
  • User1315112726 posted

You can go with Windows Service to does this job or if you use SQL database, you can trigger mail at the end of day.

Otherwise some external scheduler tools...

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:44 AM