WES7-E or WES7-P Licences RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi, we have recently purchased a copy of Windows Embedded Standard 7 Toolkit so that we can start building images for some custom portable devices we manufacture.

    The devices include a touchscreen and will require the ability to display text in Chinese in addition to English (simply displaying text, no need for input.)

    Am I correct in thinking that WES7-E licences will be insufficient for our needs and that we will need to purchase WES7-P licences if we wish to use touch and display Chinese characters?

    Many thanks


    Friday, June 22, 2018 3:16 PM

All replies

  • Correct, you will want to use WES7-P based on what you are describing. The requirements have changed in the past so contact your MS distributor for more information and clarification. 

    Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - /

    Saturday, June 23, 2018 3:28 PM