FAQ: Currency change in Cloudyn RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I´m new using Cloudyn to Azure Cost Management, and I haven´t found configuration options to change currency to Euros.

Please, someone, can you help me?

Thanks a lot!!!

Juanma.

Friday, September 29, 2017 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hello Juan,

Thanks for setting up Azure Cost Management and asking about how to change the currency from US dollars to Euros.

Overview: For Azure EA customers, Cloudyn will show in the currency from your Azure bill (as long as the currencies of all Accounts in each Entity match, but mixing currencies in an Entity will show all in USD). For CSP and Azure Direct Consumer Customers, Cloudyn will show the currency in USD.

As long as all Azure EA accounts within one Cloudyn entity have the same currency, your Azure currency should be auto-detected from any currency supported by Azure (even if the currency symbol shows "$"):

See the list of currencies in the FAQ "What currencies can be used to purchase Azure?" at: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/faq/ 

Please note the following exceptions at this time:

• AWS accounts always show currency in USD "$". So, you can't mix AWS and Azure accounts in one entity if you need to display Azure costs in an alternate currency.
    • Cloudyn sizing recommendations are currently only available in US Dollars.
    • All CSP accounts only shows currency as USD "$" for now too (since RateID's can only be selected in USD for now).
    • Custom charges can currently only be added in USD, and change the associated accounts to show in USD too.
    • Mixing currencies within one Cloudyn Entity will show all currencies in USD.

I've passed on your request here to our DEV team as a feature request to add the ability to change currency and the currency symbol from within the Cloudyn app.

Thanks for using Cloudyn and for suggesting ways we can improve it!

- Micah Adamson

Friday, September 29, 2017 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Juan,

Thanks for setting up Azure Cost Management and asking about how to change the currency from US dollars to Euros.

Overview: For Azure EA customers, Cloudyn will show in the currency from your Azure bill (as long as the currencies of all Accounts in each Entity match, but mixing currencies in an Entity will show all in USD). For CSP and Azure Direct Consumer Customers, Cloudyn will show the currency in USD.

As long as all Azure EA accounts within one Cloudyn entity have the same currency, your Azure currency should be auto-detected from any currency supported by Azure (even if the currency symbol shows "$"):

See the list of currencies in the FAQ "What currencies can be used to purchase Azure?" at: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/faq/ 

Please note the following exceptions at this time:

• AWS accounts always show currency in USD "$". So, you can't mix AWS and Azure accounts in one entity if you need to display Azure costs in an alternate currency.
    • Cloudyn sizing recommendations are currently only available in US Dollars.
    • All CSP accounts only shows currency as USD "$" for now too (since RateID's can only be selected in USD for now).
    • Custom charges can currently only be added in USD, and change the associated accounts to show in USD too.
    • Mixing currencies within one Cloudyn Entity will show all currencies in USD.

I've passed on your request here to our DEV team as a feature request to add the ability to change currency and the currency symbol from within the Cloudyn app.

Thanks for using Cloudyn and for suggesting ways we can improve it!

- Micah Adamson

Friday, September 29, 2017 5:41 PM
  • Hello Juan,

Just wanted to add to Micah's comment that if all the accounts are in Euros in the same entity, even if you see the $ sign, the numbers reflected on the application are in fact Euros. 

Best Regards,

Fernando Turn

Sunday, October 1, 2017 9:16 AM
  • Hi Juan,

One current update on this issue, relevant to currency change:

We have an option to change currency of cost reports from $ to GBP, EUR, INR, NOK  for Azure EA customers.

For CSP customers currently it’s not an option since we currently only support $ rate cards, so the change of the currency wouldn't reflect the real cost calculations.

Product team is exploring the option to support rate cards in different currencies in future releases.

Thanks,

Sharon

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:30 AM
  • Hi Sharon

I am an Azure EA customer. How do I change the currency from USD to GBP?

Thanks

Andy

Friday, October 6, 2017 4:00 PM
  • Hi Andy,

We'll be happy to assist.

Please open a service request with the Azure team and ask them to forward it to the Cloudyn support team. We will take it from there. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Sunday, October 8, 2017 6:59 PM
  • Any news on this? 
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on when local currencies for CSP will be supported?

And, is there a new page where I can find release notes for Cloudyn functionality? I see that the Release Notes page on the support pages hasn't been updated since August 2017.

Thanks.

Geir Morten

Thursday, January 4, 2018 10:02 AM
  • Hello Geir,

The following forum thread is now marked as an FAQ the location where we have been putting the latest information on Cloudyn currency:

FAQ: How to change the currency symbol of a Cloudyn entity from US Dollars to Euros, etc.

You are right that it doesn't look like any new information about new features has been posted during the preview of Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn.

As Cloudyn is getting integrated into Azure, information about new features should become available at: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cost-management/

- Micah Adamson

Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:19 PM
  • edit:

Just for anyone wondering:

My Azure account is in Euro, payment and everything is in Euro. So portal.azure.com --> Cost Management + Billing --> Subscriptions --> shows total costs of €57.60

Cloudyn at azure.cloudyn.com/acm/costNavigator shows total costs of $68.31, i.e. factor 1.19 difference which might be the taxes added on top of the amount that Azure shows.

It looks like you are right and Cloudyn just mixes up currency symbols, and adds taxes on top of that (which might be confusing for the end user).

Best regards

Nico

• Edited by Cloudy McCloud Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:13 PM Cloudyn may automatically add taxes
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:56 PM