none
Driver Problems - Drivers recognizes only Kinect Device (cam, audio and audio array not recognized) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have a problem already replied in another topic but did not serve to solve my problem. I took the liberty to reopen the issue.

"i am a newer. i haven't install any other kinect drivers, and i firstly install vs 2010 ,then directx , then sdk. but it in the device driver i only get one "Microsoft kinect device" and  the led light is sparking. when i run the skeletalviewer sample , given "NuiInitialize failed"."

I'm exactly the same problem. I performed religiously every installation steps and nothing. Reinstalled drivers, formatted the machine to not be the slightest possibility of conflicts of drivers previously installed, not installed the SDK with Visual Studio open or Kinect plugged. I did the download the service pack 1 for windows 7 home premium and nothing. The USB power cable is plugged into the wall outlet and the usb is plugged alone in a single slot in the PC and still continue with the same problem. I connect Kinect and drivers only recognize Microsoft Kinect Device. I suspect it is problem in their own USB / power cable Kinect despite being new. If there was problem at the source of the USB / Power Cable USB Kinect would not be recognized, right?

Does anyone have a suggestion? I've lost some hours trying to find a solution.

Thank you.

ps: I've read the FAQ and ProgrammingGuide_KinectSDK is my bedside book.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:53 PM

Answers

• Direct X installation does not affect drivers or core SDK functionality, so I'd say that you should first try to get all 4 Kinect devices ("Microsoft Kinect Audio Array Control", "Microsoft Kinect Camera", "Microsoft Kinect Device" and "Kinect USB Audio") showing up in Device manager, before trying other things that could be distracting and spend more time for you.

Many people have had the same problem of only seeing "Microsoft Kinect Device" and almost universally what happened was that they thought that the kinect device was plugged into electrical power (as well as to USB plug) but the electrical outlet they were using was defective, or turned off, or something like that.

Also, as mentioned in FAQ, make sure no other devices are plugged in to same USB controller as Kinect device.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Monday, August 22, 2011 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hello there,

I think you should check the power cable because if only Microsoft Kinect Device is recognized and probably your drivers are well installed(you try all the possible installation combinations) then this is an indication of low power supply. Furthermore, the fact that the device is connected with the pc reduce the possibility of a problem with the usb/kinect sensor. I suggest try to test it with an XBOX, use the power cable of a friend etc in order to verify that your hardware is ok.  

Nick

Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:47 PM
  • Hi Nick, I'll do this last test. In addition to the SDK drivers I need to reinstall DirectX too? I tried to reinstall but the system says that there is already an updated version. I do not know if that would have some influence on the problem. Thank you for your help. I'll post the results here.

Thank you.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 1:33 AM
  • Direct X installation does not affect drivers or core SDK functionality, so I'd say that you should first try to get all 4 Kinect devices ("Microsoft Kinect Audio Array Control", "Microsoft Kinect Camera", "Microsoft Kinect Device" and "Kinect USB Audio") showing up in Device manager, before trying other things that could be distracting and spend more time for you.

Many people have had the same problem of only seeing "Microsoft Kinect Device" and almost universally what happened was that they thought that the kinect device was plugged into electrical power (as well as to USB plug) but the electrical outlet they were using was defective, or turned off, or something like that.

Also, as mentioned in FAQ, make sure no other devices are plugged in to same USB controller as Kinect device.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Monday, August 22, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Problem solved. The problem was the source of Kinect. As it was under warranty replaced it with a new one. =)
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:24 PM