Self Hosted IR Unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Someone before me (is no longer with the company) set up a Self Hosted IR in Azure Data Factory. The connection to our on-prem database server is no longer available (says unavailable in status when looking at ADF IR's) and I'm trying to track down how this was set up. Now i found our on-prem server which matches the databases we used that match the "Connections" in ADF but on our on-prem server I'm trying to figure out why it's unavailable.

Does the Self Hosted IR run as a service on our database server? Trying to figure out if a service has stopped running or if the configuration is incorrect but it did work at one point and no longer does. If the integration runtime is a service, what's the service name? Any other steps I can take to remediate/debug the issues?

Lastly, when I click on the Self Hosted IR in ADF it shows a node name, but that name doesn't match any of our Azure or on-prem resources and shows no IP info. The screenshot shows the the linked self hosted IR but I checked the original (in another ADF instance) and it shows the exact same thing. Someone recently refreshed the keys (key 1 and key 2) thinking it would fix the issue but it does not, and I can't find the package on my database server to even look at the on-prem configuration/wizard. Any help is appreicated!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:34 PM

Answers

• I ended up finding out the issue. Turns out someone used the express setup on a laptop that is no longer active. Was able to fix this issue by installing on the on-prem database server instead.
    • Marked as answer by rockyoh Thursday, November 21, 2019 5:40 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 5:40 PM

All replies