none
Kinect 2.0 no longer recognized by device manager RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working with the Kinect 2.0 on Windows 8 for about a month without any issues until just a few days ago. For reference I am using a Macbook Retina Pro and have used Dual Boot for my installation of windows 8. Now when I plug the Kinect sensor into my computer it is no longer properly recognized by the device manager, and none of the software I was able to use previously will work anymore. In the installation guide it says that the connect should be listed in the device manager in the following ways: 
    1. The Kinect sensor should appear in Device Manager as the following nodes under Audio inputs and outputsMicrophone Array (Xbox NUI Sensor)KinectSensor DeviceWDF Petra KinectSensor Interface 0, and Sound, video and game controllersXbox NUI Sensor.
    2. The Kinect sensor's microphone array will appear under Sound, video and game controllers in Device Manager as: Kinect for Windows USB Audio.

This is no longer the case. Now the only recognition of the Kinect in the device manager is under libusbK USB Devices as XBOX NUI Sensor (Composite Parent). Another problem I have had is that the Kinect Configuration Verifier crashes immediately upon being opened. I'm guessing that these two problems are related and I have searched around to see if anyone else has had similar problems. I have tried (multiple times) uninstalling and reinstalling the Kinect SDK, Runtime, and the Configuration Verifier with the Kinect unplugged and then restarting my computer. I have tried every USB port on my computer. I've tried power cycling the Kinect, and I updated all the drivers for my computer. I know for sure that the USB ports on my computer are USB 3.0. I also checked to see if it was a hardware problem with the Kinect by swapping it out with a friends Kinect and the same issues still persist. So at this point I've run out of things to try so I would appreciate any advice on how to get this thing working again.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 6:24 PM