none
How do I locate which PC in LAN send an ARP packet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have write a packet sniffer program by SharpPcap module introduced in website CodeProject.

I found when I capture TCP packet, I can know source IP address of the packet, but I don't know how to get source MAC and IP of PC who send a ARP spoofing packet captured by my sniffer.

Thanks
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hello sincos2007,

>>but I don't know how to get source MAC and IP of PC who send a ARP spoofing packet captured by my sniffer.

In .NET, there is a class named PhysicalAddress which is used to provide the Media Access Control (MAC) address for a network interface (adapter). You could have a try to use this one to achieve your target.

However, if you are asking how to get the source MAC and IP of PC in your sniffer app with the SharpPcap, I suggest you could contact the author of this project: https://www.nuget.org/packages/SharpPcap/

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 24, 2015 6:50 AM
  • Here's example for you to read ARP table in .NET.
    Friday, April 24, 2015 7:46 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello sincos2007,

>>but I don't know how to get source MAC and IP of PC who send a ARP spoofing packet captured by my sniffer.

In .NET, there is a class named PhysicalAddress which is used to provide the Media Access Control (MAC) address for a network interface (adapter). You could have a try to use this one to achieve your target.

However, if you are asking how to get the source MAC and IP of PC in your sniffer app with the SharpPcap, I suggest you could contact the author of this project: https://www.nuget.org/packages/SharpPcap/

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 24, 2015 6:50 AM
  • Here's example for you to read ARP table in .NET.
    Friday, April 24, 2015 7:46 AM
    Answerer