none
Labor and Material cost status dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Brand new to MS Project, and had a question that I am hoping someone can help with. I have a project created that has material and labor resources assigned to all tasks. What I am being asked for is essentially a modified version of the Cost Overview Dashboard adds in a breakout of Total Labor Cost, Remaining Labor Cost, Labor Completion, and then also Total Materials Cost, Remaining Materials Cost, and Material Usage Completion.

Is this something that is possible? I have tried manipulating the current Cost Overview Dashboard, but can't seem to find the correct Pivot Fields that would produce this result.

Friday, October 20, 2017 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you use the report tab in MS Project (2013+), you can insert a table with resource information and display the cost, baseline, actual and remaining cost. Then group by resource type (material versus work resources) and show all subtasks. You don't have the %completion since completion is related to task and not resource, but you could always create a resource custom field.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, October 23, 2017 1:17 PM