Issue Timestamp by clause ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi sir , 

I don't understand the ' timestamp by '.When I  sent two input (file excel ) with conslone application to event hub .

(input is data stream  + output is blob storage ) 

I can 'Select * from'  and output will be exsit data .

But when i use timestamp by  for intput then no event from output .

Please help me as soon as ..! 

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 6:42 PM

All replies

• In Azure Stream Analytics, all data stream events have a timestamp associated with them. By default, events are timestamped based on their arrival time to the input source. For the events from Event Hub, the arrival time is the timestamp when the event was received by the Event Hub. Note that this means that the timestamp of an event doesn’t change if you re-start or re-run your job as it's not the time the event arrived in Stream Analytics, but the time it arrived at the ingest point.

Many streaming applications require using the exact timestamp that an event occurred, rather than the arrival time.  For these cases, the TIMESTAMP BY clause allows specifying custom timestamp values. The value can be any field from the event payload or expression of type DATETIME. String values conforming to any of ISO 8601 formats are also supported.

For more information on TIMESTAMP BY please refer to the documentation - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt573293.aspx

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:31 PM