No option to Associate test case in Visual studio 2015 Update 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing an issue with Visual Studio 2015. Automated few UI test cases and now trying to associate those test methods with test cases and I could not find the associate option. Any help?

Thanks

Subbu

Friday, March 9, 2018 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Subbu Chilakamarthi,

As far as I know, we only could connect the test case with test method under same project.

>> One is to move automation to same project collection. Can it be automated from the same location? 

Do you mean move the test case to the same project?

If my understanding is correctly, we could not do it automatically. I suggest you create a query contains the test case which you want to use. Then, manually create the corresponding test case in the other project based on the created query.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Subbu Chilakamarthi Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:01 AM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Subbu,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Based on my test with Visual Studio 2015 update 3, I can repro your issue.

There’s a workaround for this issue, please refer to it:

Please open the project test case, go to tab “ASSOCIATED AUTOMATION”, choose the test method to add in “Choose Test” dialog box.

More information, please reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd380741.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 12, 2018 8:05 AM
  • I found the root cause. My test project is in one project collection and test cases are in another project collection (Both collections are in the same server though). Any way to fix it? One is to move automation to same project collection. Can it be automated from the same location? 

“Realisation is not acquisition of anything new nor is it a new faculty. It is only removal of all camouflage” ― Ramana Maharshi

Monday, March 12, 2018 12:59 PM
  • Hi Subbu Chilakamarthi,

As far as I know, we only could connect the test case with test method under same project.

>> One is to move automation to same project collection. Can it be automated from the same location? 

Do you mean move the test case to the same project?

If my understanding is correctly, we could not do it automatically. I suggest you create a query contains the test case which you want to use. Then, manually create the corresponding test case in the other project based on the created query.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Subbu Chilakamarthi Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:01 AM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:11 AM