none
Project Server 2010 Sync with Exchange 2007 R2 - Exchange Sync stops after creating any enterprise project type RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    i have weird issue with Exchange sync. Exchange sync stop working when i create new project then publish it. when i restart Microsoft Project Server Queuing Service and Microsoft Project Server Events Service then re-publish the project, Exchange sync works prefectly. but when i create another project i face the same issue!. so, i restart both services after creating any project to make Exchange works fine. it's totally weird. i'd like to provide you with these customizations:

    1- i'm handling OnPublished Event from Server Side Event Handlers. I'm writing code to handle some business work related to Project Site

    2- some times i recieved this Error:

        <class name="ExchangeSync() - Could not get root folder.">

          <error id="40503" name="ExchangeSyncCouldNotGetRootFolder" uid="9781cb69-1450-46e3-ad7f-55c26134f00b" teamMemberUid="f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d" exception="System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---&gt; System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.&#xD;&#xA;  

    or this error:

    <errinfo>

      <general>

        <class name="ExchangeSync() failed to retrieve specified user_s (f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d) Exchange Server url.  No exception was thrown, but EWS url came back empty.">

          <error id="40509" name="ExchangeSyncEWSUrlFailed" uid="35b2efe3-84b5-43c6-9614-bf3daf652f3e" teamMemberUid="f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d" />

          <error id="40509" name="ExchangeSyncEWSUrlFailed" uid="7e0e54dd-0b51-463d-b1ec-3db3ed22a31e" teamMemberUid="f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d" />

          <error id="40509" name="ExchangeSyncEWSUrlFailed" uid="2ef30b9b-c41a-40f8-bb2d-f99cf43c10d7" teamMemberUid="f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d" />

          <error id="40509" name="ExchangeSyncEWSUrlFailed" uid="e116a1e6-7623-475f-8de1-c720aa96b843" teamMemberUid="f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d" />

          <error id="40509" name="ExchangeSyncEWSUrlFailed" uid="592b5c35-fdcc-41f8-9cab-ff0e2f148595" teamMemberUid="f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d" />

          <error id="40509" name="ExchangeSyncEWSUrlFailed" uid="7b867a43-2d97-4fa2-bf62-cbc4f410df65" teamMemberUid="f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d" />

        </class>

        <class name="ExchangeSync() handle ExchangeSyncStatusingMessage for user f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d queue message caused an exception.">

          <error id="40512" name="ExchangeSyncGeneralProcessingFailure" uid="d4027cb6-b06f-48f3-a42e-91fb6448cf94" teamMemberUid="f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d" exception="Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.ExchangeSyncEmailAddressInvalidException: Could not find Exchange server for resource f092d8a9-0340-4049-84b0-ae82552cb43d&#xD;&#xA;   at

    As i mentioned before it's not permanent issue. it happens only after creating new project and disappear after re-start both services

    Any Help ?


    Regards, Mohamed Abdel Ghaffar | http://sharepointfoundation2010.blogspot.com
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:22 PM

All replies

  • Hi Mohamed,

    Did you ever resolve this issue. We are experiencing the exact same errors. I have not validated by restarting the services and republishing.

    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:00 PM
  • has anyone been able to resolve this error?
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 4:23 PM
  • Export SSL certificate from exchange server and import the same in Project Application Server

     

     

    Thanks,

    Hrishi

    Monday, October 3, 2011 7:04 PM
    Moderator
  • Export SSL certificate from exchange server and import the same in Project Application Server

     

     

    Thanks,

    Hrishi


    I've tried this already, installed it in certificates snap in, as well as in sharepoint.  didnt help.  Also, i'll add that this error just suddenly appeared. everything was working with the project-exchange sync perfectly fine.
    • Edited by Ian Silber Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:07 PM
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:06 PM
  • My issue ended up being related to DNS for the autodiscover / web service URL, as well as with the service connection point.  Cleaning that up resolved it for me.

    DNS is the root of all evil.

    Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:37 AM