Rename Attribute Code & Name RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

Is it possible in MDS to rename the default fields Code & Name to something else ?

Is it possible to define translation for model name, entity name & attribute name, ... ?

Regards,

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:27 AM

Answers

• Guillaume,

I think you'll need to change values directly in aspx/ascx pages on your App Server

e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Master Data Services\WebApplication\Common\FFAText.ascx and other ascx controls or,

in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Master Data Services\WebApplication\Common\App_LocalResources\

(e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Master Data Services\WebApplication\Common\App_LocalResources\FFANumber.ascx.fr.resx)

you will have to find the label values that you want to change 

I hope there is a better way to do that!

Regards,

Xavier Averbouch
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:17 AM
  • Hello Guillaume,

you can change Metadata definitions in Home Explorer > Entity > Metadata | Attribute Metadata Definition | Version 1(#1) | (Open) : 

Regards,

Xavier Averbouch

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hello Guillaume,

you can change Metadata definitions in Home Explorer > Entity > Metadata | Attribute Metadata Definition | Version 1(#1) | (Open) : 

Regards,

Xavier Averbouch

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:22 AM
  • Hi Xavave,

I made an update in the metadata model.  I changed "Code" to "MyCode" for a specific entity.

Then if I go the my model, and view the metadata of the specific entity, I see "MyCode" but when I insert/update a member, I still see "Code" instead of "MyCode".

So changes in the metadata model are only visible if you look at the metadata of your entity BUT not in the screen of MDM.

Is it possible to also change the "Code" that appear in the screen when you insert/update a member ?

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:41 AM
  • Guillaume,

I think you'll need to change values directly in aspx/ascx pages on your App Server

e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Master Data Services\WebApplication\Common\FFAText.ascx and other ascx controls or,

in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Master Data Services\WebApplication\Common\App_LocalResources\

(e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Master Data Services\WebApplication\Common\App_LocalResources\FFANumber.ascx.fr.resx)

you will have to find the label values that you want to change 

I hope there is a better way to do that!

Regards,

Xavier Averbouch
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:17 AM
  • Thanks for your answers ! 

But with that approach, you'll rename Code and Name of each entities to the same value.  If I understand correctly, there is no way to rename Code & Name per entity.

So I am really wondering what is the aim of those metadata.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:15 AM