none
Authenticating cloud based resource amongst multiple organisations

Question

• Hi,

I have been tasked with advising for authentication on a web based app that will be accessed by around 300 different organisations of varying sizes. I'm curious what my authentication options are - so far I have:

1. ADFS - assuming that the app is compatible and the organisations are capable of federation.

2. Store all credentials in the app and manage the app credentials via delegation to individual organisations or do it ourselves (not ideal).

3. Use Azure AD --> presumably this requires that each organisation has subscribed to Azure AD and synced their appropriate accounts.

Just trying to better understand my available options...

Thanks

Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hello,

if this is more a Business Partner thing you can use Azure AD B2B, let the application use Azure AD and invite external users to your tenant with that feature.

You can invite any user with an eMail with that, no need that the organization will already sync local accounts to their Azure AD.

You may also want to consider Azure AD B2C (Business to Consumer) wich is kind of a specialized AAD with the abbility of Self Service registering local AAD accounts or even by social accounts.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hello,

if this is more a Business Partner thing you can use Azure AD B2B, let the application use Azure AD and invite external users to your tenant with that feature.

You can invite any user with an eMail with that, no need that the organization will already sync local accounts to their Azure AD.

You may also want to consider Azure AD B2C (Business to Consumer) wich is kind of a specialized AAD with the abbility of Self Service registering local AAD accounts or even by social accounts.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:49 AM
  • Thanks Peter,

I'll have a good look

Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:04 PM