none
Failed to connect to the SQL database 'SSODB' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a dev Biztalk environment (VM) of Windows Server 2003 (64 bit) machine. When I try to configure BizTalk 2006, I am getting error "Failed to connect to the SQL database 'SSODB' on SQL Server 'xxxxxxxxx'. (SSO)".  I need to join existing SSO DB.

I am trying the workarounds like:  running the ESSO hotfix which will update the ENTSSO assembly registration with the correct version of the .NET framework, but it failed with below error:

"ESSo V4 x64 GDR not found or this package does not contain compatible patch"

I also tried  regasm “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\win32\ssosql.dll”
    and regasm “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\ssosql.dll” but I am still getting the same error.

Can you please suggest any solution?

Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I removed .NET frameworks till 2.0 and now I am able to configure SSO DB. But  when configuring RuleEngine DB I am getting below error: 

""The specified Rules Engine database does not match the pre-configured database for the BizTalk Server group. The pre-configured database for the group is server: XXXXXXXXXX, database: BizTalkRuleEngineDb"

Any suggestions to resolve this error?

Hi Juhi,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Seems your first issue has been resolved with the help of below article,

http://msbiztalk.blogspot.in/2010/07/sso-problem-failed-to-connect-to-sql.html

For Second issue I first please check the configured database name using below script,

select RuleEngineDBServerName, RuleEngineDBName
    from BizTalkMgmtDb.dbo.adm_Group
    WHERE Id = 1

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Juhi ,

Can you share the error log files which is being generated by you tried to configure SSO.

Thanks
    Abhishek

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:12 AM
  • Hi Juhi,

You will see a bunch of errors and warnings from the SSO Service in the event log (these will appear with ENTSSO as the source), start at the first event and work up, examine those, and determine the problem.

Things to check:

Start looking at the SSO Master Secret Server:

• Check the access from the SSO Master Secret Server to the DB.
    • Check the SSO Administrators group, and SSO Service user are configured correctly.
    • Repeat this for any other servers runinng SSO.
    • Check your DTC configurations, and also if any firewall(s) may be blocking access in case you have multi-server environment (check with dtc ping).
    • Check that your user account is in SSO Administrators group.

And I would suggest to please have a look into below article for some help,

Thanks,

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:29 AM
  • Hi Kamlesh,

I just checked that my account is not added in the SSO Administrators. But I am trying to add to an existing SSO DB on SQL server and configure Biztalk using my user account which has admin rights. Does my account still needs to be added to the SSO administrators group?

Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Hi,

I removed .NET frameworks till 2.0 and now I am able to configure SSO DB. But  when configuring RuleEngine DB I am getting below error: 

""The specified Rules Engine database does not match the pre-configured database for the BizTalk Server group. The pre-configured database for the group is server: XXXXXXXXXX, database: BizTalkRuleEngineDb"

Friday, December 11, 2015 11:34 AM
  • Hi,

Carefully observe the name and validate SQLserver\SQLInstance name is provided properly. Also, try using full server name server.Domain, sometimes I have seen that works although it looks same semantically.

Regards, Ajeet Kumar MCTS Biztalk Server

Saturday, December 12, 2015 10:56 AM
  • Hi,

Hi Juhi,

Seems your first issue has been resolved with the help of below article,

For Second issue I first please check the configured database name using below script,

select RuleEngineDBServerName, RuleEngineDBName
    from BizTalkMgmtDb.dbo.adm_Group
    WHERE Id = 1

Thanks,

Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:00 PM