none
VS 2010 Managed Debugging Assistant 'LoaderLock' has detected a problem in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.EXE' RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I trying to debug a c# project using VS 2010. I have defined Excel as the start up application in the property window of the project.  I have created a couple of break points and I am getting the following errors.  I am not sure if all of these errors are related. Please assist to figure out the problem and how to fix it.  Thank you

A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in MYAppClient.Office.dll
    'EXCEL.EXE' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\win32_x86\Debug\bin\MYAppClient\NET40\BusinessObjects.DSWS.Session.dll'
    'EXCEL.EXE' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\win32_x86\Debug\bin\MYAppClient\NET40\BusinessObjects.DSWS.dll'
    'EXCEL.EXE' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Services\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Services.dll'
    Managed Debugging Assistant 'LoaderLock' has detected a problem in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.EXE'.
    Additional Information: Attempting managed execution inside OS Loader lock. Do not attempt to run managed code inside a DllMain or image initialization function since doing so can cause the application to hang.

• Moved by Carl Cai Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:43 AM More related
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi.

Welcome to MSDN.

I am afraid that the forum Visual Studio Diagnostics (Debugger, Profiler, IntelliTrace) is not the proper forum for this issue, since that forum is to discuss and ask questions about the Visual Studio Debugging tools, Visual Studio Profiler tools, and Visual Studio Ultimate IntelliTrace.

I have moved this thread to Common Language Runtime Internals and Architecture forum for more dedicated support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:45 AM
  • Hi Damovand,

The general idea of loader lock: the system runs the code in DllMain inside a lock. Therefore, running non-trivial code inside DllMain is “asking for a deadlock”. See the following link for details.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2004/01/28/63880.aspx.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173266%28VS.80%29.aspx.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thank for the information.  Based on my understanding of what you have said I am concluding that this message is just inforamtional and does not affect the process of debugging.  Although I am not sure why it is important to know that.

Thank you again.

Regards

Friday, January 31, 2014 8:55 PM