none
Problem with digital places in Outlook 2010 reminder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we develop an outlook 2010 addin with vsto. On some machines we have a problem with the representation of the minute digits in the reminder dialog. When our addin is active, the minute digits have twelve decimal places. We use RadControls for Winforms from Telerik to have theme able controls.

Regards

Nico

• Edited by Nico Graf Monday, February 25, 2013 8:21 AM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 8:20 AM

Answers

• I have found the problem. We have an embedded IE in our Addin. When a pdf file is loaded in the embedded IE and the Adobe Acrobat Reader Plugin is installed, then problem occurs. 
    • Marked as answer by Nico Graf Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:33 AM

All replies

• this is standard outlook window or your own look-a-like? please log somewhere Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture and Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture on start of your add-in (first line before you do anything else) and just before showing the reminder (there is event for that, reminderbeforeshow or something like that)
    Monday, February 25, 2013 8:40 AM
  • Hello,

we only set the CurrentUICulture. I will set the CurrentCulture too and in the reminderbeforeshow event. I give you feedback if this solves my problems. 

The window is the standard outlook reminder window.

Regards

Nico

Monday, February 25, 2013 11:11 AM
  • i gave you no solution, i just wanted to know the values:), but yes, setting those values might affect system.
    Monday, February 25, 2013 11:21 AM
  • Hello,

the problem is still there. I have no other ideas. The problem is only on some clients and not all the time. I think this is might be an VSTO-Problem or an outlook Bug.

Any other ideas?

Regards

Nico

Monday, March 4, 2013 7:47 AM
  • I have found the problem. We have an embedded IE in our Addin. When a pdf file is loaded in the embedded IE and the Adobe Acrobat Reader Plugin is installed, then problem occurs. 
    • Marked as answer by Nico Graf Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:33 AM
  • I have the same problem. Did you find a solution for it ?
    Monday, December 14, 2015 10:18 AM