[MS-NLMP] Incomplete specification RRS feed

• Question

• Section 3.2.5.1.2 Server Receives an AUTHENTICATE_MESSAGE from the Client

Of MS-NLMP specifies

Set KeyExchangeKey to KXKEY(SessionBaseKey,
       AUTHENTICATE_MESSAGE.LmChallengeResponse

But KXKEY takes 3 arguments. What is the 3rd argument for this fuction in that section?

Thank you

Rajesh

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Rajesh:

Thank you for helping us improve the protocol documentation.

The missing parameter for KXKEY is ServerChallenge that is sent by the server in the CHALLENGE_MESSAGE, as described in MS-NLMP section 2.2.1.2.

I have filed a bug against the document and this error will be fixed in a future release of MS-NLMP.

Please let me know if this answers your question. If it does, I’ll consider this issue resolved.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hi, Rajesh,

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the Protocols team will reply soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 4:11 PM
  • Hi Rajesh:

I'll help you with this issue. I'll be in touch as soon as I have an answer.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:52 PM
  • Hi Rajesh:

Thank you for helping us improve the protocol documentation.

The missing parameter for KXKEY is ServerChallenge that is sent by the server in the CHALLENGE_MESSAGE, as described in MS-NLMP section 2.2.1.2.

I have filed a bug against the document and this error will be fixed in a future release of MS-NLMP.

Please let me know if this answers your question. If it does, I’ll consider this issue resolved.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 11:11 PM