locked
CRM 2011 - Resolve Case Error

Answers

  • I guess no one has come across this yet, I resolved the error but not with the best option. I removed Contract details from the case and then I was able to close it.

    Thanks


    David Hodgson
    Add me on Twitter and LinkedIn
    www.infinitygroup.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by DavidHodgson Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:57 PM
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:57 PM

All replies

  • Does the number of remaining allotments in the contract is different from 0?
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com

    All my tools for Dynamics CRM 4.0 on my dedicated site: MSCRMTools Repository

    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:04 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Tanguy,

    The Allotments Remaining = 999,999,995

    Regards


    David Hodgson
    Add me on Twitter and LinkedIn
    www.infinitygroup.co.uk
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:21 PM
  • I guess no one has come across this yet, I resolved the error but not with the best option. I removed Contract details from the case and then I was able to close it.

    Thanks


    David Hodgson
    Add me on Twitter and LinkedIn
    www.infinitygroup.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by DavidHodgson Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:57 PM
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:57 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue, but not with all contracts, only some and I am unable to find a patern - so I am re-ceating new contracts and contract lines!

    Not ideal!

    Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:25 AM
  • We experienced this same error after the upgrade of our CRM 4.0 installation to CRM 2011.  It only occurs with Contracts/Contract Lines created prior to the upgrade and I'm guessing that it is part of the upgrade process that causes the error.

    The offending data is the AllotmentsOverage column in the ContractDetailBase table; for all of the old Contract Lines in our DB post-conversion, the value of this field was NULL, which is obviously invalid (as per the error message we're all receiving).

    I ran a query to update all NULL values to 0 (a new Contract Line that I created for testing had this field set to 0):

    update ContractDetailBase set AllotmentsOverage = ISNULL(AllotmentsOverage, 0);
    
    
    After the update, all was well again!

     


    --pogo (pat)
    • Proposed as answer by Jamison76 Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:48 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:59 AM
  • Pogo69.  I had the same exact issue and that resolved it.  Great Catch!
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:48 PM