FAXCOMLib is not working in windows service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to send fax from computer, I am using FAXCOMLib. It is working on windows based application, but it is not working on windows service.

I found a thread across which shows that FAXCOMLIb will not work on windows server.

Is that true? If yes.

Can any body let me know how to send fax using windows service?

Thanks in advance...

Manish

Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:46 AM

Answers

• I see no reason why it wouldn't work but there are lots of challenges when working with a service so it is more likely one of the standard issues about services:

• No UI which means STA COM objects will need a hidden window to process messages
    • Runs in isolation so it has no access to the logged in users info or resources
    • Depending upon the account the service is running under the service may or may not have admin privileges and may or may not have network access

Personally I would get it working outside the service without a UI and then move it to a service and run it under an account that has necessary privileges and see if anything fails. If it does then you can post the errors and someone may be able to help you.

Michael Taylor
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/p3net

• Proposed as answer by Kristin Xie Friday, April 24, 2015 5:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by ManishChourasia Friday, April 24, 2015 5:32 AM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:23 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have the similar questions.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 24, 2015 5:29 AM

All replies

• I see no reason why it wouldn't work but there are lots of challenges when working with a service so it is more likely one of the standard issues about services:

• No UI which means STA COM objects will need a hidden window to process messages
    • Runs in isolation so it has no access to the logged in users info or resources
    • Depending upon the account the service is running under the service may or may not have admin privileges and may or may not have network access

Personally I would get it working outside the service without a UI and then move it to a service and run it under an account that has necessary privileges and see if anything fails. If it does then you can post the errors and someone may be able to help you.

Michael Taylor
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/p3net

• Proposed as answer by Kristin Xie Friday, April 24, 2015 5:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by ManishChourasia Friday, April 24, 2015 5:32 AM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:23 PM
  • @ Manish

FAXCOMLib is not working in windows service

From above thread, do you mean the issue resolved by logging with user account in windows services?  

Please reply to let us know if this issue has been resolved. If so, I can mark this thread as answer.

Best   Regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, April 24, 2015 5:19 AM
  • Yes,

You can mark it as answer, Actually Michael Taylor is right. After changing the user account of the service it works. I also observe that this lib. will not work on local service or system account.

It requires user account to make it work.

Please mark this as answer with reference to the thread that I have mention.

Manish

Friday, April 24, 2015 5:27 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have the similar questions.

Friday, April 24, 2015 5:29 AM