How to backup the contents of the Storage account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I would like to backup the contents of my storage account. I have located files/code etc within containers inside my storage account.

Even though I have located it "in the cloud" it is still important content that I would backup if it were on premise.

Hence I want to be able to back it up. I am aware of geo-replication of the storage but if I delete a file, that deletion is replicated. So I am looking for the true point in time backup and restore capability.

I have set up "Azure recovery services" but that is limited to just using System Centre Data Protection Manager and using the "backup vault" as a secondary backup location, this does not enable me to backup the contents of a storage account to this same backup vault.

So what I would like is the ability to take backups of content stored in the storage account and have it stored somewhere in my Azure subscription (I assume that the backup vault in Recovery service would be a good location).

I also dont really want to deploy a worker role and some code to do this using an API, I would like a simple interface visible in the portal to enable this.

I assume that this is not currently available?

What is Microsofts recommendation on the next best thing for this?

Is this functionality on the roadmap anywhere?

Many thanks

Tom Hickling

Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, the portal manage didn't provide this function to backup our storage content, I suggest you pay attention to azure storage team blog or submit this as a feature at: http://feedback.windowsazure.com/forums/34192-general-feedback- , currently, we can do this manually, please refer to this article: https://azurestoragebackup.codeplex.com/ , this project provides a backup and restore function for a Windows Azure storage account, including Table Storage and Blob Storage. Hope this helps.

Best Reagrds

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 21, 2014 3:09 AM