It is not possible to move a Button inside a TabControl in .NET Core RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question about Windows Forms Application (.NET Core 3.1)
    Visual Studio 2019 Preview

I have created a Form and placed this on the Form:

1. TabControl with button1 in one TabPage
    2. Button2 directly on the Form

The problem is that I can't move the button1 in the Designer when trying to click the button. It is not even selected in the Properties Box. Even if scroll and choose button1 in the Properties Box, it is not possible to move button1 by clicking on it.

But I can move the TabControl and Button2.

How can I move button1 by clicking on it?

• Edited by Silvers11 Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:13 PM
    Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You have to go old school since the preview release does not have a fully functional designer like in traditional Window forms. The Microsoft team thought it would be ready last September but has been pushed back.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Silvers11 Saturday, April 18, 2020 11:28 PM
    Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You have to go old school since the preview release does not have a fully functional designer like in traditional Window forms. The Microsoft team thought it would be ready last September but has been pushed back.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Silvers11 Saturday, April 18, 2020 11:28 PM
    Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:52 PM
  • Karen,

Thank you, then I understand. There really is limitations in the Designer so I need to think about that when designing the controls. 

Thank you for your help!

Saturday, April 18, 2020 11:28 PM