How to create data factories and activities through a program RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

It has been few days now that I have been trying to create an app that can manage data factories and activities with no success. Anywhere I went I ended up using Azure Active Directory, which I don't want to.

I could create a data factory and add a copy activity to copy a DocumentDB collection into a text file on Blob storage. Now, I have been asked to create a helper DLL that can be consumed by any program. This helper is supposed to provide methods for creating data factories, link services, data sets and pipelines.

I first tried using .NET SDK, which then I had to go thru the registration and so many other stuff. This wasn't what I wanted. Second, I tried to use the REST API. When I POSTed my first call to create a data factory, I got error that was looking for authorization in header. My search took me thru classic Azure Portal in which I couldn't find what the documentation was refering to. Then I went to the new portal assuming API Management is what I need but then I realized I was wrong. That is if I wanted to expose my own API to others, as I understood.

so, my question is IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO WORK WITH DATA FACTORIES AND RELATED MATTERS (DATASETS, PIPELINES, ETC) WITHOUT GOING THRU AAD? Once again, what I need is to create an interface or DLL or something similar that a client/consumer can call a method, i.e. CreateDataFactory, passes the required parameters and get the job done without going thru lots of other configurations/services/etc.

Thx in advance and sorry for the long explanation.

Regards,

Behzad 

Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:30 PM