Contact.Thumbnail always returns null on windows phone 8.1 runtime even when a contact has an image

Question

• I'm trying to read the contact image, it's occurs in my app (double checked all the requirements) and also occurs with the 'Contact Picker app sample', even when the contact has an image, Thumbnail property is always returns null.

I checked with the emulator and my phone.

Software Development Engineer - Global Finance Management Team - www.daxdev.com.br -

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Rodrigo,

I can reproduce this issue on my side. I am checking this issue with internal team.

Let us work on this offline and I will update this once we get a solution.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    Alan Yao
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:58 AM
  • Please check my reply in https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ee9f7a1-cebc-49cb-9df5-75728e51183f/contact-picker-not-bringing-through-thumbnail?forum=winappswithcsharp

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    Alan Yao
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:11 AM
  • Thanks Yao it worked

Software Development Engineer - Global Finance Management Team - www.daxdev.com.br -

Friday, October 24, 2014 10:33 PM