none
How can I uninstall and reinstall Primary Interop Assemblies (PIA) 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• This was posted on the Microsoft Community site but I was advised to post it here...

I've been asked to find out how to uninstall and reinstall the Office 2013 Primary Interop Assemblies, following problems I'm with the latest version of 'Saleforce for Outlook' (Salesforce App). The 2010 PIA appears as a separate program under Programs and Features but it looks like 2013 is hidden within the wider Office 2013 suite. So how can I access PIA in Office 2013 and either uinstall and reinstall, or at least repair?

Many thanks.

Ali

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:55 AM

Answers

• Hello Ali,

There is no a separate distributive for Office 2013 PIAs.

You need to check the following option when you install or repair Office 2013:

In general, interop files are generated automatically by Visual Studio when you add a com reference to the Office application.  You can read more about this on the  Can I still use Microsoft.Office.Interop assemblies with office 2013? forum thread.

Also you can consider using the "Embed Interop Types" feature of .Net framework 4.0 and above (also known as the "No PIA" feature). You'll find it in the Properties window when you select a reference assembly. 

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:12 PM