TFS11 Team Explorer extensibility support RRS feed

• Question

• What is the status of building extensions for the Team Explorer 11? I cannot find any good documentation and it seems that even the interfaces for adding new nodes are missing. This is more or less obvious since TE looks different now i.e. uses pages and has navigation structure, but can we add new pages?

Toni Petrina
    My blog: Programming ramblings
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:24 PM

Answers

• I have solved this eventually and I was wondering is anyone else interested in this topic?

If there is, I will soon write a couple of blog posts about my experience with extending Team Explorer 11.

Toni Petrina
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:49 PM

All replies

• 欢迎加入Win8 Metro开发群:224893194

love Windows Metro style

Sunday, April 1, 2012 8:54 AM
  • I have solved this eventually and I was wondering is anyone else interested in this topic?

If there is, I will soon write a couple of blog posts about my experience with extending Team Explorer 11.

Toni Petrina

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:49 PM
  • Hi Toni,

I would be really interessed to see how an extension of Team Explorer 2012 can be done?

Have you already written something about?

Regards,
    Yvonne

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:28 AM
  • Hi Yvonne,

I haven't written about it yet, I've had some other priorities in the meanwhile. I could spend some time this week writing about it if you need it?

Regards

Toni

Toni Petrina

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:32 AM
  • Hi Toni,

I have been looking for hours for some hints (just where to start)? Everthing on how to extend the team explorer 2012 seems to have changed since version 2010. In specific I'm trying to add a menu entry to the context menu on a build definition.

So if you have any idea about I would be really glade if you could share them.

Regards,
    Yvonne

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:45 AM
  • I need to find my original project and I will probably answer you tomorrow. If that is OK for you.

Regards

Toni

Toni Petrina

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:56 AM
  • Hi Toni,

That sounds good.

Regards,
    Yvonne

Monday, October 1, 2012 8:11 AM
  • Hi Yvonne,

I have found my samples but I merely extended Team Explorer with new Links and pages, I am unsure how to extend context menus. Let me dig a little deeper and I will try to contact you back ASAP.

Toni Petrina

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Hy Toni,

Extending the context menu is not difficult, but getting to the currently selected item seems to have changed. Guid and ID of the context menu on Build Definition Item are: {34586048-8400-472e-bbbf-3ae30af8046e}, 0x109

Yvonne

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:54 AM
  • Hi Toni,

I'm also very interested in this.

Im having in mind something like a checklist integrated into TeamExplorer which a user has to work through before checking something in.

Please post some documentation on this.

Kind regards,

Dave

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:41 PM
  • Hi David,

I keep postponing writing articles about my findings. I have created a small sample that adds a new navigation item to the Team Explorer 2012 Home page and I will write an article with all steps in the near future. You can find the sample at github: https://github.com/tpetrina/tfs11-extensibility.

I have also neglected this topic since April due to other interests/obligations. So if you need something advanced, I don't know if I will be able to help you.

Best regards

Toni

Toni Petrina
    My blog: Toni codes .NET

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:50 PM