PowerPoint activeX control displays BIG RED X RRS feed

• Question

• You cannot vote on your own post
    I have made a user control using c#.net and made the control as COM interop along with COM visible true. It built & registered  by "regasm" successfully. My control is visible in power point 2010 under "More Controls" option and can able to add it in slide. The problem is after embedding the control in slide (in design time) a red color "X" sign display inside the control instead of the actual visual appearance of user control. but when i start slide show, the User Control display its own interface (GUI) and when i stop slide show again the interface disappear & display red "X" sign.  How do i correct this problem??

Office Version: Office 2010
    Program:PowerPoint
    Operating System:Windows XP
    Visual Studio : 2008
    Working Framework : 3.5
    Using Language : C#
    • Moved by Mike Dos Zhang Monday, December 6, 2010 1:21 AM not belong to the C# forum, need create thread in office forum (From:Visual C# General)
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hi  nibir.mistry,

Welcome to MSDN Forums!

Please create a new thread in office for developer forum, the PowerPoint develop experts in that forum will give you the quicker and better response on this PowerPoint develop related question.

Have a nice day!

Mike

----------------

If(helpful) -> Mark

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework to download or request code samples from Microsoft Community Team!
    Friday, December 3, 2010 4:08 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for showing your interest & replying on my issue , Well I already have created a thread in office for developer forum & still awaiting for a proper solution from experts. I cannot find the URL of "Request code samples from Microsoft Community Team!" that you have mentioned at the bottom of your reply.

Below the URL locates my thread

Thread Title user control not showing its interface

Regards

Nibir Mistry

Monday, December 6, 2010 7:07 AM
  • Hi  nibir.mistry,

You're welcome.

Because of I'm not familiar with office development, so I think I cannot help you any more. But if you have any C# questions, I'm glad to help you in C# forum.

Best wishes,

Mike

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework to download or request code samples from Microsoft Community Team!
    Monday, December 6, 2010 8:52 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for your quick reply. How can I create 64bit user control/COM control in c# also how can I add 64bit ActiveX control to Windows Form ?

Regards

Nibir Mistry

Monday, December 6, 2010 8:58 AM
  • Hi  nibir.mistry,

This place is not a suitable place for ask questions, you can create a new thread in C# forum. And we will follow up and research your questions.

Have a nice day!

Mike

Monday, December 6, 2010 9:17 AM
  • Hello,

I might be wrong about the way I'm following for implementing & fixing my "RED X" issue, I got some samples "All-In-One Code Framework (COM)" for "CSActiveX " from ( http://1code.codeplex.com ). But the same problem persists with their sample code. I think there might another way for fixing this "RED X" issue.

Thanks

Nibir Mistry

Friday, February 18, 2011 6:59 AM