VM will not start RRS feed

• Question

• I was upsized a VM from small to medium.  After the VM restarted, I was unable to connect to it via RDP.  I received an error mesage from RDP saying "An authentication error has occurred.  The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted." 

I tried to see what was going on with the VM by connecting from another VM using computer manager.  It was slow and kept losding connectivity but all the services did seem to be running, and anything that I looked at that required Event Viewer blew up.  I lost connectivity quite awhilw ago and it was suggested that I resize the VM which restored the connectivity... so I returned the server to the original size.

Now I have lost the ability to start a VM.  The message I got from the portal was:

"The operation cannot be performed because the virtual machine is faulted. The long running operation tracking ID was: 8f8969eb58aa42ab926d04e2329f7c30."

Is there anything I can do to restore this server???

-Mark

Friday, March 1, 2013 1:25 AM

Answers

• That is odd that you weren't prompted to change the password. If sysprep runs and you don't get challenged to input a password, the only answer is to wipe and start again.

Thanks!

Thursday, April 4, 2013 7:19 AM