none
How can i restart my Visual Studio Ultimate 2012?

Question

• Don't know how but i just made my properties and solution bar disappeared! Now, any project i open, whether new one or old one, those two bars doesn't appear like they were before. So, is there any option of RESTARTING MY VISUAL STUDIO 2012 ULTIMATE? Or any other option to get it fixed just as it was before?

Thanks!

Friday, October 21, 2016 6:48 PM

All replies

• Click on Tools, Import and Export Settings, Reset All Settings
    Friday, October 21, 2016 7:35 PM
  • Hi Shayan Khan Yusufzai,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Like Brian said, you can try to reset settings in VS, it will restore VS default settings and automatically launches the VS IDE, the default settings are determined by the profile that was selected when Visual Studio was first launched. If you want to store your current settings, you can choose and save it as a setting file(.vssettings) during the progress of the VS reset settings as below:

Meanwhile, you can also have a look at the View tab in VS and normally you can find the ‘Solution Explorer Ctrl+Alt+L’ button and ‘Properties Widnows F4’ buttons and if you click it, they will disappear at the right panel of VS windows like the following screenshot:

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 3:25 AM