Loading 'Windows Azure Marketplace' data into powerpivot throws error RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a Big data scenario by loading data from 'Windows Azure Marketplace' into powerpivot.

All runs well, i can select 'Windows Azure Marketplace' from the other data sources, and can select the desired dataset also. Even the data preview of the dataset is also visible. But after that, when i click on 'Select Query' button to select the desired data, it throws an error as shown below:

In the details of the error, the only thing i could understand were the last bits:

"When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box."

Any ideas/suggestions about this?

Vishal Soni

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hey Dale,

I am able to get the data now.

For this, we need to go inside 'PowerPivot for Excel' and from the 'Get External Data' group, use the option 'From Data Service' > 'From Windows Azure Marketplace'.

We were getting error when we were using the option 'From Other Source' and then from the Table import wizard option, we were choosing 'From Windows Azure Marketplace'. So now we don't use this option.

Vishal Soni

Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:32 AM

All replies

• I tried doing the same thing using Data Explorer, and that works fine. I can get the tables created in my excel sheet.

But somehow, same steps are not working in powerpivot. Even tried it on another system, yet same error.

Vishal Soni

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:05 AM
  • Did you ever get this resolved? This started happening for me and formerly it was working.

Please let me know if you have a resolution.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:19 PM
  • Hey Dale,

I am able to get the data now.

For this, we need to go inside 'PowerPivot for Excel' and from the 'Get External Data' group, use the option 'From Data Service' > 'From Windows Azure Marketplace'.

We were getting error when we were using the option 'From Other Source' and then from the Table import wizard option, we were choosing 'From Windows Azure Marketplace'. So now we don't use this option.

Vishal Soni

Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:32 AM