Web Deploy VisualStudio Online to IIS RRS feed

• Question

• User562827985 posted

Good morning ,

I have configured IIS 7.5 on a server with WIndows Server 2008 R2 and I have a website with an application. With the Web Deploy tool can allow remote administration of IIS, both user accounts Windows and IIS virtual accounts .

With Visual Studio deployments can be made directly to the website that you specify . My problem comes when I try that connection is made through a virtual IIS user , having assigned permissions and others as I have seen in this link:

http://javierholguera.com/index.php/2010/05/19/web-deploy-instalacin-y-uso/

The only difference is that he leaves the "Local Service" account for simplicity, but what I want is to use a virtual user account IIS. Can this be done or is only Windows accounts ?

The error it gives me always is that the user account has insufficient permissions provided ....

What I did is create a Windows account with permissions to the directory web site within IIS and IIS Manager , in delegation management service , configure the account for the 3 rules that says on the website ( setacl , CreateApp , contentPath , iisapp ) , so that comes to the site with the IIS user , and delegates to the Windows user actions . Can this be so or my error?

Thanks for the help , Bye!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:29 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi DavidNieves

The error it gives me always is that the user account has insufficient permissions provided ....

According to the error message above, it's recommended to check the configurion permissions for IIS Manager users and Windows users in IIS.

Allow an IIS Manager User Account to Connect to a Site or an Application (IIS 7)        

Allow a Windows User or Windows Group to Connect to a Site or an Application (IIS 7)

hope it helps.

Regards

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:02 AM
  • User562827985 posted

Yes, if I have given permissions as stated in those links.

The point is that if I go to the IIS Manager to the server remotely connect properly with the user and let me perform the actions through the interface. But a team of programmers is you want to display directly on the server using the credentials of the user, without access through IIS Manager, and that's where fails ....

The line would also connect using:

/ p: VisualStudioVersion = 11.0 / p: DeployOnBuild = True / p: UserName = AnyUser / p: Password = AnyPassword / p: AllowUntrustedCertificate = True / p: DeployTarget = MsDeployPublish / p: CreatePackageOnPublish = True / p: MSDeployPublishMethod = WMSVC / p : MSDeployServiceUrl = https://misitioweb.com:8172/msdeploy.axd / p: DeployIISAppPath = "siteOfIIS" / p: = True SkipExtraFilesOnServer

Thanks for your answer

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:20 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

HI DavidNieves

if I go to the IIS Manager to the server remotely connect properly with the user and let me perform the actions through the interface.

According to your description above, it seems that you need to grant remote access permission to iis,

Here is the reference: Remote Administration for IIS Manager

Best regards

Angie

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:08 AM
  • User562827985 posted

I have already configured the server so you can do remote administration but still no pemisos unless you get in the administrators group. But I want that user belongs to administrators, if that is not a basic user.
    Thanks for the reply.

Friday, January 31, 2014 6:47 AM