Cannot connect to IoT Central App RRS feed

• Question

• I was working on an solution for a huge IoT tender. Set up a free trial IoT Central app for experimentation and learning. Uploaded some telemetry from one or two real devices. Then my app just simply disappeared. All I get is the error below. I have since tried to recreate the same app, trying the same and different names, different Azure centers, different templates... I just keep on getting the error below. If I can lose a resource in Azure this easily and not get it back, how on Earth can I use Azure for commercial applications? Imagine it was an IoT app I set up for a client and we had just spent millions to deploy 1000s of real devices and boom, gone is the app, with all its data and SAS, certs,... everything. Damn! That's a quick way to go out of business, so how can I trust Azure for not doing that again in the future. How do I back up the data and the app, and how do I even restore the data in case of disaster recovery? Is it even possible? I cannot take any chances.
    The page you requested can't be found
    The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:49 PM

All replies

• We are sorry for the trouble you are facing. Just trying to understand your issue better, have you deleted your resource by any chance? Have you tried refreshing the page? 

Since you are on a free trial, please see the below information from FAQ's.

Users can create an IoT Central trial without an Azure Subscription. A user can have only one active trial at a time. The trial allows users to add up to 5 devices (real or simulated) and lasts for 7 days after activation. During this trial period, customers can test all the features of Azure IoT Central. Users will not be able to create more devices upon reaching the trial limit of 5 devices or the end of the 7-day trial period. The data of the trial application is not retained after the end of the trial period. At any time during the trial, users can attach the trial app to their Azure subscription to remove these limitations and will be billed based using the pricing described above.

Let us know if that helps. 

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 12:33 PM
  • Have had a chance to see the above response? Do let us know if that helps.
    Monday, November 11, 2019 7:18 AM