Command Line Argument - Debug - Star Options

Question

• Hi

I don't know.

What's the meaning of "-d" in Command Line Argument - Debug - Star Options

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi neonash,

I have tested the command line arguments in my class library project. In the Command line arguments I have typed the following command. Please refer to the following screenshot:

After debugging, I have got the following screenshot:

It is clearly that, “-d” stands for the path of started application.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:50 AM

All replies

• Obviously, that is the command line parameter that is passed to your program. The "-d" will appear as the first element of string[] args, the parameter to your Main() function. Does your program examine it?

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:16 PM
  • Running the risk to be obvious -d like "Debug"?
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:27 PM
  • Hi neonash,

A command-line argument or parameter is an item of information provided to a program when it is started.

If I type some arguments (-d, I, am) in Command Line Argument, then I debug program with the following code, then we could get the arguments from Command Line Argument. Please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:31 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by qing__Moderator Friday, September 9, 2016 11:02 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:42 AM
  • No

The program is a wcf library. 

Saturday, September 10, 2016 7:19 PM
  • Hi neonash,

I have tested the command line arguments in my class library project. In the Command line arguments I have typed the following command. Please refer to the following screenshot:

After debugging, I have got the following screenshot:

It is clearly that, “-d” stands for the path of started application.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:50 AM