How to add a users into Assigned to List of a TFS work item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using TFS 2010, and while creating a worki item if i check the assigned to field, some users are missing. Whereas till yesterday it was fine and the users was there in the list. But today they are missing but i can see them in outlook i can send mail also, but only missing from assigned to field. Kindly let me know how to add them back as its very very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Raj-pb

Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply.

Small change in my question. That was not the Assigned to field. Actually we have one extra field in that work item OWNER, which is same as assigned to filed, which contains the list of all the valid users.

Initially those users were in some groups under some project, and i think someone removed their names from those projects and because of that, those users are missing from this list.

And in order to resolved my problem i added all those missing users into the readers group of my project and now i can see them in the list AGAIN.

:)

Cheers

Raj-pb

Friday, July 5, 2013 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check if your TFS administrator modifies the process template and restricts some users?

When you open/edit work item, are you able to see list of users you can choose? If yes then you can select intended user and save work item?

Ideally TFS users are part of Project\Contributers and Project\Administrators groups and you can see them in assign to field values.

Thanks,

Vivek MCP,MCTS

Thursday, July 4, 2013 6:54 PM
  • Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply.

Small change in my question. That was not the Assigned to field. Actually we have one extra field in that work item OWNER, which is same as assigned to filed, which contains the list of all the valid users.

Initially those users were in some groups under some project, and i think someone removed their names from those projects and because of that, those users are missing from this list.

And in order to resolved my problem i added all those missing users into the readers group of my project and now i can see them in the list AGAIN.

:)

Cheers

Raj-pb

Friday, July 5, 2013 5:57 AM
  • Hi Raj-pb,

Thanks for your post!

I am glad to hear that the issue is solved. So I closed this thread by marking your reply as answer, if you have any concern with it, please feel free to unmark it.

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 8, 2013 8:39 AM