none
Microsoft Progress bar Control - Office 2010, Windows 8, 64 bit is missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The Microsoft Progress bar Control is missing in Excel 2010 in Windows 8, 64 bit.

I tried to copy the file MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:\Windows\Syswow64 then "I run as admin" the command in CMD and get a success message. Although, I stiil can't see the control.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Guy Zommer

Monday, July 15, 2013 9:31 AM

Answers

• So this section is relevant,

What is in the 32-bit version of Office but is not included in the 64-bit version of Office?

• ActiveX controls library, ComCtl    This library contains ActiveX controls that are used to build solutions. It is most commonly used in the following Microsoft Office programs: Access, Excel, and Word.

Cheers,

Andy
    www.andypope.info

• Marked as answer by Guy Zommer Monday, July 15, 2013 11:22 AM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 11:16 AM

All replies

• See this article

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/choose-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-version-of-office-HA010369476.aspx

If you really want a progress control then you will have to roll your own using controls that are supported in 64bit office.

Cheers,

Andy
    www.andypope.info

Monday, July 15, 2013 10:49 AM
  • Thanks for the prompt response.

I succeced adding the progress bar in Windows 7 64 bit.

If the only is to use exsisting controls it means I need to correct all application I develpoed with progress bar?? There is no way to add progress bar control?

Guy Zommer

Monday, July 15, 2013 10:56 AM
  • The issue I directed you too is with the difference between 32/64bit Office, not the operating system Windows.

Are you using 64bit Excel?

Cheers,

Andy
    www.andypope.info

Monday, July 15, 2013 11:04 AM
  • Hi,

The user is using 64bit version

Guy Zommer

Monday, July 15, 2013 11:08 AM
  • So this section is relevant,

What is in the 32-bit version of Office but is not included in the 64-bit version of Office?

• ActiveX controls library, ComCtl    This library contains ActiveX controls that are used to build solutions. It is most commonly used in the following Microsoft Office programs: Access, Excel, and Word.

Cheers,

Andy
    www.andypope.info

• Marked as answer by Guy Zommer Monday, July 15, 2013 11:22 AM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 11:16 AM
  • Thanks again.

Do you recommed to uninstall this version and re-install the 32 bit version instead?

Is there any dis-advantages in the 32 bit version? 

Guy Zommer

Monday, July 15, 2013 11:22 AM
  • I don't have enough information to make that recommendation.

Have a read of the article and then you can make the call as to whether they need the things that 64bit does better, whilst not compromising general usage due to things not support.

Cheers,

Andy
    www.andypope.info

Monday, July 15, 2013 11:25 AM